Celebrating Medical Staff Services Awareness Week 2013
In honor of our clients in the medical staff world, PreCheck is celebrating Medical Staff Services Awareness Week. We work alongside our clients every day to help their hospitals and healthcare facilities adhere to industry specific compliance standards and regulations. Our team is passionate about patient care and safety; which is why we work diligently to provide our clients with the credentialing and qualification information they require in order to provide their patients with well-certified doctors who meet or exceed the qualifications of a license physician. We’d like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy Medical Staff Services Awareness Week!
In 1992, President George Bush reserved the first week of November – this year November 3-9, 2013 – for “Medical Staff Services Awareness Week” by signing a Congressional House Joint Resolution #399 to acknowledge and thank Medical Services Professionals (MSP) for playing “an important role in our nation’s healthcare system.” Since then, the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) has partnered with hospitals, managed care organizations (MCOs), doctor’s offices, university health systems, and government agencies to promote awareness of the medical services professional.
MSPs work behind the scenes to ensure the credentials of all practitioners who are caring for patients are correct and have been verified before making any assessments.
Medical Staff Services Professionals…
- Are employed by hospitals, managed care organizations, group practices and other healthcare settings across the United States
- Are experts in provider credentialing and privileging, medical staff organization, accreditation and regulatory compliance, and provider relations in the healthcare industry
- Credential and monitor the ongoing competence of the physicians and other practitioners who provide patient care services in hospitals, managed care organizations and other healthcare settings.
- Attain certification in one or both Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM) and Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)
Top 7 Articles for Medical Staff Services Professionals
Our Blog Team strives to consistently provide our readers with insightful up-to-date information we feel is helpful in keeping with the latest industry regulations and trends. We understand the stresses that derive from a highly regulated industry such as healthcare; rules and regulations are constantly being altered, so it’s difficult to keep up with the ongoing changes. Here are a few articles we deem to be valuable for our readers in Medical Staff Services:
- Year End Checklist for Medical Staff Service Managers
- The Rise of Physician Employment and Considerations for Medical Staffs
- 5 Best Practices for Effective Healthcare License Verification and Monitoring
- Consistent Screening of Both Permanent and Temporary Health Care Staff
- Physician Background Screening: Are Your Patients Safe?
- What Oregon’s New Provider-Credentialing System Means for Medical Staff Services Managers
- Research Suggests State Medical Boards Fail to Properly Discipline Bad Doctors
National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS), with over 4,700 members, is the preeminent national organization for the development of individuals responsible for managing credentialing, privileging, practitioner/provider organization and regulatory compliance in the diverse healthcare industry. NAMSS strives to provide quality educational resources to promote professional growth; communicate effectively and efficiently with members and external audiences; develop and maintain relationships with healthcare organizations that support NAMSS’ vision and mission; attract a diverse membership; ensure growth and financial viability through effective governance and management; and develop, administer, and promote certification programs that measure knowledge of current industry standards and practices.