PreCheck Product Highlight: Immunization Tracking
In this PreCheck Product Highlight, we’ll review key tools to consider when screening your workforce, as well as the top benefits and features available with PreCheck.
This month’s highlight is Immunization Tracking.
What is Immunization Tracking? Why is it important?
We’ve learned from COVID-19 the value of having a student immunization tracking program in place that can endure rapidly evolving conditions, especially in an industry like healthcare.
Student immunization tracking allows for healthcare organizations and educational institutions to manage the vaccination and health record requirements of their employees and students, those who have not been vaccinated yet, and those who are due for updated vaccines.
Immunization tracking programs have many benefits, including:
- Increased compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), as well as state health requirements;
- Increased efficiency from less paperwork;
- Increased safety for employees, students, patients, and staff in healthcare settings;
- Interpretation of a complex immunization schedule; and
- Allowing the introduction of new vaccines or changes in vaccination schedules accordingly.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers an overview of vaccination laws by state for healthcare workers based on facility type.
However, immunization requirements vary by healthcare organizations for students and clinical rotations. Depending on the program, some of the following may be required:
- COVID-19, including boosters
- Hepatitis B
- Annual influenza vaccine
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
- Pneumococcal disease
- Varicella (chickenpox)
Healthcare organizations should utilize an immunization tracking program that requires documentation of required vaccines, rather than a self-reporting system. This ensures that all data is authentic and validated by healthcare and medical record professionals, which increases safety and reduces liability.
Top Five Features of PreCheck’s Immunization Tracking Solution
- Software: PreCheck’s solution is able to meet your organization’s unique immunization requirement needs. It offers the flexibility of easy-to-make software changes, and it’s fully customizable (e.g., adding a COVID-19 booster requirement, or a seasonal influenza shot).
- Registration: Organizations can mass-register users from a roster and allow individuals to register themselves, simplifying the registration process.
- Communication: PreCheck’s solution offers clear communication of required health forms and how to securely submit them, submission confirmations reviewed by healthcare professionals, and reminder notices to proactively keep employees and students up-to-date on the status of their immunizations.
- Implementation: Our experienced implementation team makes onboarding an easy, stress-free, and seamless process.
- Customer Service and Quality Assurance: PreCheck provides an account management team dedicated to meeting your specific needs and providing ongoing personalized assistance. This includes fast turnaround times, same-day response for administrator needs, proactive account reviews, software that can track and code to ensure all requirements are being met, and seasonal audits of the immunization tracking program.
How PreCheck Can Help
Immunization tracking can be complicated, with various requirements and program types, but with the right partner, it doesn’t have to be. PreCheck’s immunization tracking and health record management service is designed to facilitate the tracking and management of immunizations and various other records of students and employees. Healthcare standards require that all individuals have received certain vaccinations, and PreCheck can help you streamline the way you manage records to ensure compliance.
PreCheck has been managing student background screening, drug testing, and immunization tracking programs for decades, serving more than 1,000 allied health programs nationwide. To request a demo of PreCheck’s Immunization Tracking solution in partnership with Sentry MD, email [email protected] or visit us at www.precheck.com.