Top 5 Takeaways from PreCheck & Cisive’s Healthcare Roundtable 2023
PreCheck recently hosted a Healthcare Roundtable for industry leaders in talent acquisition and management.
We heard clients share their unique experiences and predictions for the industry in 2023.
We also got a sneak peek at our Healthcare Benchmark Report, which will be released later this year.
And lastly, we heard from industry talent expert Eric Van Duren, Chief Talent Acquisition Officer at Bon Secours Mercy Health, who spoke about building a successful talent acquisition program and the secret to employee retention.
Here are our top takeaways from Van Duren’s presentation, as well as key statistics from the Healthcare Benchmark Report sneak peek presented at the roundtable:
1. Start with a Solid Foundation: Van Duren shared three pillars that make up a successful talent acquisition program. It’s one thing to have these pillars on paper, but they require action throughout the organization.
- Mission: Your mission is the heart of who you are. It often includes offering healthcare, serving patients, offering employment, and serving those employees as well.
- Flexibility: Develop flexibility in your processes, for employees, in your benefits offering, etc.
- Growth: Offer realistic pathways for employees to grow and develop their careers within your organization.
2. Build Strong Partnerships: Look for “key strategic partnerships that have aligned incentives that you can truly build something and create a vision together,” Van Duren says. “It’s building this entire value chain and experience.” These partnerships can improve your overall program’s consistency and success through your:
- First candidate interaction
- Application experience
- Onboarding experience
- Post-hire process
3. Establish Guiding Principles: Establish guiding principles for your talent acquisition team. When each member of the team comes together to follow these principles, your strategy is aligned for a successful talent acquisition program.
“One band, one sound. When one of us is off, we are all off,” Van Duren explains. “If onboarding isn’t working alongside recruiters and our social media and university relations strategies, it’s just friction and it doesn’t work as it should.”
Here are some examples of guiding principles you might implement at your organization:
- Accountability and integrity
- Celebrate diversity
- Focus on the basics
- Respectful processes
- Embrace change and technology
- Have fun!
4. Address Clinical Shortages: This issue will continue in the years ahead due to multiple factors, especially including an aging population. It's estimated that healthcare can expect a 200k-450k nurse shortage by 2025.
5. BONUS: Learn from Industry Benchmarks: PreCheck and Cisive’s latest benchmark report takes a snapshot of the healthcare industry so you can see how your organization compares, and what other organizations are predicting for 2023 and beyond.
Here are a few key statistics:
- 67% of respondents said “better quality of hires” is their top benefit from employment screening.
- The number one employment screening challenge facing organizations is minimizing turnaround time.
- The top three considerations when choosing a background screening provider are cost, screening components offered, and other integrated products and services offered.
- Ongoing monitoring and social media screening are on the rise.
- Improving the candidate experience and boosting employee morale are top priorities for talent acquisition and management teams.
As mentioned above, our 2023 Healthcare Benchmark Report will be available later this year, so stayed tuned! In the meantime, you may get a copy of our 2021 report here or by clicking on the image below.
We’d like to thank Eric Van Duren, Chief Talent Acquisition Officer at Bon Secours Mercy Health, for his insightful presentation as our keynote speaker this year. If you’re interested in participating in future Healthcare Roundtable events, contact PreCheck here.